Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Cacophony of an Early Spring?

What's that sound?  It's an early spring, according to the rodent in Pennsylvania.

Sniffle, hack, cough...cough

"Initially it worked its way through the kids, but I'm sick now."  My co-workers are dropping by the minute.

Aaa-CHOO!!!  Sniff.  Sniff.  Snort.

We're out of Puffs Plus Lotion and down to the tree-bark-like cheap tissues.  The situation is desperate, dire.

UUUUHHHHhhhh...ufrump.

"Does anyone have more hand sanitizer she can donate to my room?"  We've got chapped hands now too.  Every exposed part is turning red from the abrasions of repeated washing and wiping and wear and tear.

(the heaviness of mouth breathing)

The janitorial staff has "fogged" the building over the weekend, covering all computers and keyboards with a clear plastic.  It feels a bit apocalyptic as we come in Monday.  "Attention staff, you may remove the bag from your computer.  They were placed there to protect the electronics from the 'fog' this weekend."  The announcement doesn't seem to reassure many.

Sniffle, hack, cough...cough...aww

Come on, spring!

8 comments:

  1. I think Phil was paid off to make the prediction he did. Here we have nice bright sunny skies. Tomorrow 2 - 7 inches of snow topped off with sleet and freezing rain. Really! Hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That guy wrecks my spring every year! I don't know why I give so much power to a rodent that lives in a hole in the ground!

      Delete
  2. You did a great job adding the specific sounds and specific objects used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I opened the door to my room and noticed all the noises while I was working on something at my desk. The hallway was full of bodily function sounds and germs. :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I could absolutely relate to this post! (Another storm is on our way tomorrow!) I liked the humor and details you added in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SOOOOO OVER WINTER!! I want to shout, "GO AWAY, WINTER! NO ONE LIKES YOU HERE!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sounds are fantastic! I felt like I was there with you. In fact, I feel like I should wash my hands just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, you should sanitize in some way, I'm sure! Thanks for reading and for commenting.

      Delete

Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts.