Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Bedtime at the Campsite

It was time for bed about an hour ago, but it's spring break and we're camping.  So, s'mores and a campfire trump bedtime, every time.  After a half bag of marshmallows, we head inside to brush teeth and get ready for bed.  I pack the goodies away and wash the new roasting sticks put them into the outside belly storage area for future fires.

We're a bit sticky on the cheeks, but have clean teeth and jammies on.  A sugar rush may hit because all four boys are talking at once, plus G is bouncing and jumping on the futon.  It's a bit chaotic to say the least.  "It is time for bed," becomes my mantra, repeating it at least a hundred times in the next half hour.  I've got all the beds made up, moving G's Marvel sheet and waterproof pad to the futon.

G will be sleeping up with his brothers tonight for the first time.  Previously, he had slept in a Pack 'n Play in the living room area.  He is very excited about being a big boy tonight, and his over abundant elation is affecting everyone.

Just as I'm about to lose my cool, my husband joins the party and says, "Wow, boys, this is cool.  We're all here together in the camper.  Isn't this making a great memory?"  Wow is right.

Even though I was T-I-R-E-D, we were together, and we were happy.  Why am I rushing us all to bed?  Why wouldn't I sit and soak in our togetherness?

I was feeling kind of guilty about being frustrated.  Then one of the big boys made a fart noise.  I threw my hands up and let Todd take over with the bedtime silliness.

1 comment:

  1. Leave it boys! Your post made me smile. It was also a reminder to stop and make the memories. Thanks for sharing. Oh...and now I am craving s'mores.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts.