Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Before That

We're trying something new here, inspired by From the Eye of a Tiger.  It's a new structure that I think really helps me zero in on my slices of life. 

It's been a busy day with me flying around the school and home, and not feeling like I was getting much done.  Here's a taste of it.

Currently...sitting on the couch, beside a snoozing husband, leaning back with my legs criss-crossed, my sparkly purple chucks setting on the footrest of the recliner, "watching" American Pickers reruns.

Before that...hollered down for the middles to turn the TV off and brush teeth, then rocked and shushed and sang lullabies to the youngest.

Before that...packed up the leftovers from dinner, set the three bowls on the middle shelf of the frig, and put the dirties in the dishwasher.

Before that...hefted some groceries to the camper and put them in the panty, then bundled up some bedding to put in the washing machine.

Before that...grabbed some spaghetti off the shelves of the pantry and reached for the sauce we had opened last night to dip our pizza crust in, all for supper for the family.

Before that...ran into WalMart with the middle boys to grab a couple of things, cabbage, ice cream, meatballs, and gum.

Before that...pick up the middle boys from school and take the cat to the vet to get her stitches out.  (She was spayed last week.)

Before that...attended the school district health fair and test drove a couple of cars for a fundraiser.

Before that...shared reading with my kindergarten friends with a substitute classroom teacher and no internet.  Thankfully, I had a paper copy ready to go and some dry erase markers for Word Work Wednesday.

Before that...finished up 5th grade Civil War report recordings.  The kids (and teachers) have been working really hard.  It is nice to check that off the list.

Before that...lunch of avocado with salt and pepper and some crunched up penguin cheese crackers, pretty much cracker crumbs.

Before that...5th graders recording reports and some technical difficulties with headsets and mics not working with some laptops.  We traded and interchanged and swapped a few (million) times to find a pairing without static.

Before that...forgot that a couple of colleagues were going to use my room to plan a district PD.  So, I tried to work and let them work, but I ended up talking to them a little anyway.

Before that...welcomed parents and families to our school wide celebration assembly.  We checked IDs and made sure everyone was safe before the fun festivities began.  It was good to see kids excited about reaching goals and being supported by their families, both home families and school families.

Before that...running late to get out the door, so Todd takes the little guy to the sitter for me.  The middles and I rush to school jamming the music a bit louder to wake us all up.

Before that...even though I can hear the oldest downstairs getting ready, Todd shut the alarm off, so I lay here wishing for a few more minutes.  I'm so sleepy this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts.