Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

I'm Winning!!

Because of the SOL Challenge, I have been paying attention, trying my best to be present.  I am pursuing a writerly life as best I can.  It's work, and it's fun.  I am really enjoying the challenge this year.

However, today, I was not enjoying my journey.  All day long, I noticed slices, bits of life that I could write.  BUT it seemed like all I noticed was how irritated I was with others, how worn out I was with my work, how impatient I felt like being with EVERYONE.  

I don't want to write about that.  I don't even want those bits in my day!

There was a staff meeting after school today.  It was about school safety and security.  That's all I'll say about that. 

After work, I ran my normal route, picking up kids and the little one, then heading home.  On the way home, we talked about our day.  One of the middle boys said, "I love seeing you during the day, Mom."  Well, that melted my heart of stone.

I thanked him for making me smile and saying kind things.  Then I realized...I'm WINNING!!

There is so much to be thankful for in this day, week, year, life!  So, I decided to look at how I'm winning in this life, today.

My middle boys are with me everyday.

At Sam's last night, I found this box of chips that included all the boys' favorites.  Yee-haw!!


One of my colleagues wrote a really sweet, honest note to me today, AND she let me hug her in thanks.  She is NOT a hugger.  It was awesome!!

My baby boy (he's two years, three months) counted five tractors on the coffee table.  One-to-one correspondence, YES!

My teachers talk to me, ask questions of me, collaborate with me.  They allow me to be a part of their teams.  It is a great honor to work with them.

We ate supper as a family tonight, all crowded around the island in the kitchen.  Plus, I got to make dinner for my boys, and that's important to me.  It makes me feel good to do that domestic kind of work (always cooking, cleaning only sometimes)

I have multitudes of messages from my brothers, sisters, and mom to read tonight.  Messages in my family are always entertaining.

My freezer is full and so are both refrigerators.  I can't take that for granted.

I have a dependable car.  It's old, but it's mine.

Outside, the grass is on its way to green.  Come on, spring!

There was light outside after 7:00pm tonight!  Thank goodness!!

I have family and friends who support me and love me.  Do I need anything more?

I have hope and faith in my Savior.

I'm winning!!

I hope you are winning today too.


1 comment:

  1. Emily,

    Thanks for sharing your blessings, your thoughts and your family snippets. You are so graceful. Keep being the awesome you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts.