Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

Questions?

#SOL20 Day 30

Today, we found out that our district is postponing school until May 1st.  I am heartbroken about it.  It is best for our community, our state, our country, our world, but it doesn't feel best.

Will we go back on May 4th just to have our last day of school on the 20th?

Will we continue to review or will we try some new learning?

What about all the kids that can't access online learning?

What about the kids that don't have parents meeting the basic needs let alone the academic ones?

How are others coping with this?

How will my own kids handle this information?

What does the community think about the school announcement today?

What will the summer and fall look like after this?

It's been a tough one for me.

On the other hand, my fellow literacy coaches and I launched a new website today where we hope to help teachers (and families) in this tough, weird time.


3 comments:

  1. Your many questions elicit a sense of uncertainly and uneasiness surrounding the current situation. I guess we just have to take one day at a time and be there for our students when the transition is rocky. Thoughtful slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some tough questions and even though so many are dealing with them, they are still difficult on an individual level. I keep telling my boys that our date is April 6th and that is all I know right now, which is true, but not all that I know or surmise. I have decided to only tell them what I know as facts and wait on the rest. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so hard for people with young children, as well as the teachers. Kids know something is very wrong, and it is so difficult to know how to reassure them yet honor their fears. Your questions are real and substantive, yet so much depends on a future we cannot see. Good luck, and I hope your new website is helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts.