Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Best Intentions, But...Instead 14/31 #SOL17

So today is my day.  The mid-month slump day.  I didn't make it past this point last year.  :(

I had best intentions today.  Lots of thoughts of slices floated through my head.  I was busy, and I should have written them down, but instead I kept working, thinking I would remember.  So, instead you get a list.  Here are all the things I would have loved to have done today (tonight).

I wanted to write something heart-warming.
I wanted to write something witty and funny.
I wanted to write something descriptive and engaging, but, instead I'm writing this.

I wanted to cook a healthy dinner.
I wanted to eat at the table with my boys.
I wanted to relax with my husband, but, instead we ate toasted cheese, at the counter, while Daddy was at a board meeting.

I wanted to finish picking up the house.
I wanted to finish folding the laundry.
I wanted to finish adding some charts to the writing like a scientist unit, but, instead I read a book to the baby and cuddled with him before his bedtime.

It is a day to be celebrated because, although I may be living in a world of best intentions, I am gratified in the little things.


4 comments:

  1. Emily - we are definitely slice buddies today. Appreciating the little things with little slices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being gratified in the little things...and not giving up. Two things to celebrate here! Keep writing :)
    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being gratified in the little things...and not giving up. Two things to celebrate here! Keep writing :)
    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much to be celebrated here . . . especially, "instead I read a book to the baby and cuddled with him before his bedtime." Putting your priorities where they matter the most. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts.