Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Currently... 26/31 #SOL17

Day 20's inspiration was a post entitled "Currently".  It can be read here at Beverley a Baird.

So, today, I will use this inspiration to carve out my piece.

Currently

Hearing...
my boys play and argue and play
my husband talk to the baby in repeated little verses
the TV, turned up WAY too loud (for no one to actually be watching it)
the dog snoring softly behind the couch

Seeing...
toys strewn about the living room
the steam escaping the dishwasher vent
my family, all around

Smelling...
the clean air of my home
chopped cilantro on the cutting board 
the citrus detergent of the dishwasher

Tasting...
coffee, I love my coffee

Feeling...
the heat rush out of the vents
the pressure of little hands push against my legs
loved



2 comments:

  1. This is so real and so simply beautiful. I shall try this technique sometime soon- love it! Thank you! Your home and life sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cilantro, so I wish I was at your house for dinner tonight. And you end with love... what a perfect word to bring all of these vignettes together :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts.