Pages

Monday, March 11, 2019

The waiting game

I'm not an impatient person, per se.  When it's important, I can wait.  Some things that I want, I hold off on getting F-O-R-E-V-E-R.  Today, is not a day to show my self-restraint.  Today, after daily checks for a couple of weeks, I went to the library hold page to see how close I am to getting one of the books I have on hold.  Have I moved up a position?  Did someone drop out of the lineup?  Is the book magically loaned out to me and sitting there waiting for me on my Kindle?


I'm obsessed.  There is no rational reason to check the status at all, because I will get an email as soon as a book is loaned to me.  In addition, I have over fifty books loaded on my Kindle waiting to be read.  Do you see how close I am on the last in the series of four Brittany Cavallaro books?  I'm second in line!!  It's killing me!!  I'm sure I'll live.

3 comments:

  1. This made me smile. Waiting for something you want is SO HARD. But...anticipation is fun, too! Maybe it's waiting for SB and some time for you relax and enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I know this excitement when it comes to books! I hope your wait is over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to tell me about these books. I am so off the fiction train, but need something to break up my habit training, trauma care, and how to make a millionaire dollars - my current list of books. It is interesting how there are times we continue to check for the status when we know something is not there. Why do we do that?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts.