Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Manly Beards

#SOL20 Day 28

Todd headed upstairs after his day outside and in, making home and homestead improvements.  He planned to shower before dinner and mumbled something like "shave my beard" as he went.

"That's the end of 'Manly Dad'," J announced.

I wasn't really paying attention and didn't give it a thought.

After his freshening up, Todd came back downstairs.  J said, "Yes!  'Manly Dad' forever!!"

The family went on to discuss how the perceived manliness was in correlation to facial hair.  I disagreed with all the males in the house, which was everyone.

T proclaims from the great room, "I can't help it that I have Mom's genes!  I'll never be able to have a beard."  He says it with a smile on his face.  Looking over at me filling the dishwasher.  I smile back.

J, always a momma's boy, says, "I think Mom could grow a beard if she really wanted to."  We all crack up.

Laughing, I say, "Thanks for the vote of confidence, J!" Ha!


1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! Thank you for the laugh this morning. I have overheard my boys with similar comments about underarm and chest hair. So the measure of manhood must be in the hair! Tell T he has enough wavy locks and won’t need any facial hair!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts.